Pligg is a really nicely done PHP/MySQL based CMS which allows maintaining a site of articles contributed by a community. A large and growing community of article contributors can use Pligg to pool the knowledge into the community.
Exactly that seems to be the reason I would not be able to use it to deploy a "regular" website, with a number of purely-static pages and some dynamic pages such as Blog and integration with Twitter, FaceBook etc.
Requirements for OrpheusDialog.de
- Easy managability of static content pages
- Integrated Blog
- API Artchitecture to connect with external systems, ex. FB, Twitter
To Be Evaluated
- WebGUI (Perl)
- Bricolage (Perl, PostgreSQL)
- Web-App (Perl, flat-files)
- BigMedium (Perl, for-cost, open-source)
- Cyclone3 (Perl and XUL based)